During this COVID pandemic scenario, the Petronas Management Team travelled to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria to supervise the preparation works of the Rig “Pacific Santa Ana” for their Decommissioning Project in Mauritania.
Maurilog’s local subsidiary, Maurilog Canary Islands, hosted the full Petronas team in private apartments, and successfully managed the Company’s very strict COVID protocols. These protocols included :
- temperature control checks upon arrival, during the meet and greet at airport and later on a daily basis,
- catering room service for lunch & dinner, also provided under isolation dedicated delivery service per apartment,
- external daily laundry service per person,
- communications (local cell phones cards),
- daily transportations (bus & taxi services),
- and of course the corresponding PCR COVID Testing, done by private Medica Care Hospital, which were performed on a regularly basis during the full stay of more than 3 months in the city.
All jobs were duly and satisfactory achieved, with no single case of anyone from the team being contaminated by the virus.